Sunday, November 25, 2012

Happy Anniversary

What a great week-end. My love and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary. I can't believe how fast these past 5 years have flown by! I've loved every minute. I'm crazy in love with this funny, sweet, smart, gentle man.

We spent Thanksgiving Day at my mother-in-love's house with other family members. It was a nice day filled with tons of food!!

On Friday, he surprised me by telling me we were going to start our celebration. It was great! We went out to a local steak house, then to see the new James Bond movie at the new I-Max theatre. THEN, he surprised me by taking us to stay at the same place we spent our Honeymoon Night. It was so wonderful!!

(I took pictures, but they're on my phone and I can't figure out how to get them into my computer. I thought I emailed them to myself and then uploaded them into Picasa, but I guess not! Maybe someday I'll find them!)

We stayed at the Woodrow House Bed and Breakfast ---- in the caboose!! Yes, it's a real train caboose and it's awesome! The owners are very nice and the breakfast was delicious.

On Saturday (our actual anniversary), we just spent the day together - doing nothing much, but doing it together!

Then, we went to supper at the Olive Garden. It's our tradition -- it's where he proposed and we've gone there to celebrate the anniversary of the proposal and our wedding. We also always sit in the same booth! We had to wait 1 1/2 hours this time, but it was OK. We'll wait as long as it takes for "Our Booth". The manager knows us now. She usually buys us a dessert, but this time gave us a gift card for our next visit. So sweet!! She and her husband got engaged there, too. He passed away, so this is her way of celebrating him and us.

My hubby and I had said, "No gifts" this time. Of course, he did all of those other wonderful things for me! Well, I couldn't not get at least a little something.......

The 5th anniversary gift is supposed to be wood, so I bought him a 2x4 and then wrote all over it! Can I say he was a little speechless and then proclaimed it the most unusual gift he had ever received?!? He loved it! Have I told you lately how lucky I am and how much I love this man?!!?

No comments: