Sunday, April 25, 2010
After spending so much time this week looking at other people's houses, we decided to spend time in our own.
-Did tons of yardwork.
* Pruned the roses
* Cut off the bottom part of the spruce tree
* Moved wood from the garage to the shed
* Cleaned out 5 flower beds
* Planted new flowers
* Added edging to 2 flowerbeds
- Went back to Ivey Gardens to buy what I didn't buy earlier this week.
- Went back to Lowe's to get some new pegboard pieces.
- Went to Wal-Mart
- Took a NAP!
I'm exhausted! We did lots of stuff this week and I loved every minute of it! Now it's time to head back to work - life as usual. I'm ready.
Saturday, April 24, 2010
- Went to a really cool clinic at Smith South Plains - the Ford dealership in Levelland. They had a special clinic to teach people how to use their Synch system. The people were all great and Dr. Dave and I learned a lot!
- Visited 2 builders' model homes.
- Visited 10 Open Houses
- I spent a litte time on files
- I stressed about possibly moving.....
One more day left in my Spring Break. Wonder how I'll fill it?!??
Friday, April 23, 2010
- Enjoyed a DELISH breakfast at The Breakfast House. This is one of our favorite places and today the food was exceptional!
- Talked more about a new house and drove all over town looking at some.
- FINALLY opened joint accounts!! We've been talking about it since we got married so we finally took the time today to do it. Yeah for us. We can now cross that off the list!
- Went back to Lowe's to get an ornamental grass for my new flowerbed and some more edging. Oh yeah -- some stuff to kill the grub worms I found while digging that bed. YUCK!
- Dr. Dave had a meeting so I spent the time browsing through a garden catalog and talking to my parents on the phone.
- Went to the laundromat to wash cleaning rags and Riley's towels and bed cover. I'm not putting those nasty things in my washer/dryer!
To think we did all of that with a cold dust storm blowing us around like crazy!Yup - I still have tons of stuff to do around the house, but they'll wait. This was more fun!
Thursday, April 22, 2010
-Met the Betenbough New Home Specialist to tour a couple of homes (one is ready and one is still being built)
-Went to Lowe's to find one of those things you put on your garage floor to let you know when to stop before you hit the wall!!! Also checked out the garden center.
-Spent lots of time trying to figure out if we can put in the fence by ourselves for less than the builder will charge. (We can, but not for a lot less. Is it worth the hassle? What am I saying - we haven't even decided to move!!)
-Stopped by Sutherlands - they didn't have any pretties at all!
- Took a NAP!! : )
- Dr. Dave went to class and I dug a new flowerbed and planted cannas. After I add a couple of things I'll take pix to post.
- Dr. Dave brought me a YUMMY Blizzard!!! Good man!!!!
Whew - wonder what we'll do tomorrow!
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
The weather was cold and damp this morning, so I opted to stay inside and work. I tackled Miles and Miles of Piles!! Yup - I'm an information collector. If it's something related to early childhood, I keep it. Well, today I was ruthless and tossed tons of stuff. Know what - it felt great! I can't wait until tomorrow so I can trash some more useless stuff!
- Cleaned out Miles and Miles of Piles
- Dug weeds out of the front flowerbed.
I know this doesn't look like much, but trust me - those 2 items represent hours of my life. Hours I'll never get back.......
Monday, April 19, 2010
- Went to the bank
- Paid the cable bill
- Spent my $20 Kohl's cash (Thanks, honey!!)
- Finally put away all of my Easter and spring decorations.
Yes, I know Easter was a long time ago and we are still in spring. I was just ready to get everything put away.
Hopefully I'll get more things accomplished tomorrow. My list is pretty long.
Sunday, April 18, 2010
It was a great day and we're already thinking about what to do next year!
Saturday, April 17, 2010
Notice the front half is an actual bike - the back half is made of legos!
When you stand up close, this looks like a random design. When you look through the camera or you stand back a little bit, this amazing face becomes clear!
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
The table is a mix of purple, silver, and yellow. I layered a dark purple lace cloth over my white tablecloth. Yellow cloth napkins match back to the fresh lemons.
Bottom layer is a sparkly purple charger. China is our wedding china - Mikasa Parchment. We LOVE it!! The silver swirls are light and add just the right touch of elegance to any color scheme. The silverware was from my maternal grandmother. I think it's called Remembrance. It has a sweet little flower at the tip of each piece.
Thursday, April 8, 2010
* A sub called in sick
* A teacher had her contact roll to the back of her eye
* A teacher had a sick baby
* A lady came to talk to a teacher and look at our clay. (Sounds funny, but she's going to do a special Mother's Day craft with our kids and she wanted to see the condition of our clay.)
* Our Child Care Licensing Representative made an unannounced follow-up visit. We were using a Sunday School room that we are not authorized to use. Yikes!! Luckily, she didn't write a citation - just a big warning!
* 2 different people came in to apply for jobs.
* The Speech Path came to conduct a hearing screening on 7 children.
* 2 reps from the temp agency we work with stopped by on a courtesy visit.
* A tour of 9 high school girls came through
* A photographer visited all the classrooms. (We are making posters for the church Mother's Day Love Offering.)
* Don't forget all the phone calls!
Whew - I'm exhausted just from writing all of that!
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
SUPER cute s&p!! Also a great thrifty find last year. (Sorry for the photo. I didn't get a good shot while the table was actually set. I had to grab this one later.)
Monday, April 5, 2010
- ► 2013 (33)
- ► 2012 (39)
- Spring Break - Day 7
- Spring Break - Day 6
- Spring Break - Day 5
- Spring Break - Day 4
- Spring Break - Day 3
- Spring Break - Day 2
- Spring Break - Day 1
- Teacher Appreciation Day
- Lubbock Arts Festival 2010
- Irises and lemons
- Where's the Calgon when you need it??
- Easter table
- The irises are starting!
- Christ the Lord is RISEN TODAY! HALELUJAH!
- Happy Easter!
- Playing ball
- ▼ April (16)