Monday, December 3, 2012

Health Update

I don't want to write most of these posts about my fibro, but I also want to share what's going on. So -- here's the latest.

The Cymbalta is definitely working and I'm starting to have more "good days". Unfortunately, this isn't one of them, but that's to be expected. Honestly, I still hurt somewhere on my body almost all of the time. Today, both of my arms feel like they are burning. I'm used to my forearms burning/hurting, but the past couple of days, the backs of my arms have been feeling like this, too. It feels like when something has rubbed against your skin for a long time and left it sore and sensitive. Wearing shirts is uncomfortable.

My left leg feels like that a little bit, plus it is weak and tired. The strangest part is the top of my rear! Let me tell ya -- having that part of your body hurt is no fun at all! When my leg hurts, it often impacts my walking. Today, I had someone ask me if I was OK. She said she could see me limping a little bit.

I have 6 large ulcers in my mouth. I have always gotten lots of ulcers, but the past few years I haven't had very many at all. I had almost forgotten how badly they hurt! YUCK! I'm guessing that there's just "something in my system" right now. I'll sure be glad when "it's" gone!

For the most part, I think my energy level is starting to come back. I'm still tired, but it's not as bad as it was. I'm not having to take a nap during the work day. I still take a break and sometimes sleep, but I don't have to.

My scalp hasn't been hurting! Yay!

Here's what I know....
1) Lack of sleep is a big trigger.
2) Stress is a big trigger.
3) Cold weather is a trigger.
4) A drastic weather change is a trigger.
5) Cymbalta is a necessity!
6) Everyone I've told has been amazingly supportive!
7) An epson salt bath really helps.
8) I have an amazing husband who is crazy about me!

I am blessed!

No comments: