Sunday, September 27, 2009
Well, this past Friday was the latest installment. One of my fave stores (Christopher & Banks) was having a big sale, so we stopped by on our way to a football game. I was in luck - lots of fun new tops and skirts. When all was said and done, the bill was about $220. (OUCH!) But then I remembered that I had just gotten an unexpected check in the mail for about $210! That means all my new clothes only cost $10!!! What a bargain!! :-)
Saturday, September 26, 2009
Home life is going well, too. Frank is living with us again. He sure keeps life interesting! He has such a huge heart and lives life OUT LOUD!
Riley is great. She's so sweet and funny. We're lucky she chose us.
Dave and I are once again taking my mother-in-law to the Tech home football games. We've had season tickets for several years now and we really enjoy it. There's nothing like being right there to hear the tackles and see the coaches/players. Watch for us when Tech is on tv. We're on the front row! No, we aren't all painted up.......at least Dave and I aren't!! : )
I finallly got a new camera, so now I can post some more pictures. Be on standby......
Oh yeah - the cholesterol meds are working! Yippee!! Thanks Yarbrough side.....anything else I should know about before the doctor finds it?!
Saturday, July 18, 2009
Well, my latest gift is a prescription for cholesterol medication! That's right, I said it. I turned 40 and now will be taking cholesterol medication. Yippee! Seems like my good stuff is good and that's well...... good! Unfortunately, my bad stuff is bad and yes...... that's bad. Hopefully I won't have to be on this very long. In the meantime, what did I have for supper the day I found out about this latest gift???? PIZZA! That's right. A girl has to find some therapy somewhere!!
Monday, July 13, 2009
Like suddenly closing her mouth and looking sideways when you ask her what she's eating....... Like running to get the toy SHE wants to play with, not necessarily the one you are holding....... Like tossing her treats in the air and catching them.
Oh yeah - did I mention the chewing??
We love you, Riley Girl!!
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Things I'm loving right now........
1) I serve an awesome heavenly father who grants me grace and forgiveness each and every day!
2) I have an incredible husband who adores me!
3) I have a loving family who complains because I don't talk to them enough...... LOVE YOU ALL!!!
4) I have a strong network of close friends. Not too many -- just the right number for TRUE friendships to grow.
5) I have a new job that I love! I work with an amazing group of women.
Things I'm NOT loving right now......
1) The constant coverage of Michael Jackson! OMG - Enough already! I understand his musical importance, but come on! What about our soldiers? Victims of child abuse? Victims of domestic violence?
2) The fact that our City Officials are literally considering a ban on balloons. WHAT? Are you kidding me??
3) The fact that I've "outgrown" my clothes. Sigh.......
Well, that's enough for today. Gotta post tuition checks so I can pay teachers! Later......
Friday, July 3, 2009
Who knows what I'll actually share, so stay tuned!
I welcome any and all suggestions. I don't know how to make the fancy eye-candy, so any advice would be great.
Thanks for reading!
- ► 2013 (33)
- ► 2012 (39)