Monday, June 4, 2012

More Landscaping

Yippee!! Another flowerbed almost complete!
On Memorial Day, I dug a 20' x 4' flowerbed under my scrapbook room window. This past weekend, we were able to lay the border and put in a few of the flowers.

I LOVE my flower gardens!! I'm not the greenest thumb around, but I sure enjoy it. I get my love of gardening from my family. My grandparents and my parents (really my Dad -- sorry, Mom! Your thumbs are beautiful, but not necessarily green.)

I think my garden itch has been scratched - at least a little bit - for now. We'll see if I can hold off until Fall......

On the left (in front of the bright yellow hose....) is a Black Knight butterfly bush. Next are 3 bright purple salvia (they form a triangle around the bird bath). Right now, I have a pink geranium at the far right. This fall, we'll plant a Dwarf Alberta Spruce.


Here's a view of the front of our home. Just imagine what it will look like when all these perennials "Leap" in their 3rd year! 


Moving to the backyard....

I purchased these shutters from our local Habitat Resale Center several years ago. I distressed them and then used them in a small room in our last home. This time, I decided to use them to add some height to our back wall.

I planted a Hall's Honeysuckle and am training the vines to run through the shutters. I'm really excited to smell this arrangement!!


Some yummy herbs......mint, chocolate mint, basil, sage, and oregano. I found a plain wooden crate and painted it a bright, cheery blue. I love how it looks!

 A small arrangement on our patio table. Can you believe I purchased this planter from Dollar Tree?? It's a ceramic pot made by Better Homes and Gardens. I bought 2 and I love them!!

This one has a some blue salvia, ivy, and moss rose. It's too new to start blooming -- I hope it does soon.
Unfortunately, I'm losing the "Wildlife Preserve" (or empty lot) across the street from our home. Boo!! No more quail, bobwhite, or meadowlarks. On the other hand, hopefully we will have fewer weeds and the new houses will be well landscaped. Only time will tell.




 Well, goodnight for now. I hope you have all had a chance to play in the dirt - it's good for your soul!

No comments: