Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Valentine's Day tablescape

It's finally here - the Thursday before Valentine's Day! Time to post my Valentine's Day table. I've never done an official Valentine's Day table so I was excited to put this one together. I hope you like it.

I started with a basic white tablecloth. Then, layered on a red/white gingham runner. I wanted a table that was informal but still looked really nice. I think the addition of the runner was just the right touch. Next up are my round, red placemats. The napkins are doubled - red and white. 2 of the places have the red napkin on the outside and the other two have the white napkins on the outside. I wrapped some heart garland around as napkin rings.

The centerpiece is antique - it belonged to my grandmother. It's so versatile and I love it. I use it for pretty much every season. For Valentine's Day, it's filled with ivy and red hearts. The hearts are actually candy containers and they have fun phrases: Kiss Me, Sweetie, ya know - mushy stuff like that. I bought those at Dollar Tree.

After I finished the table, Dr. Dave says, "You could really use some red glasses. Our old clear ones just aren't quite right." Did I tell you how much I love that man???

So, now I'm ON THE HUNT!!

Don't cha just LOVE these adorable salad plates?!? I found those at Ross in early January. I grabbed 2 white and 2 red right away! The white ones are the same - little red hearts with Valentiney sayings. The red ones are both different. One says Be Mine and the other says XOXO. I "heart" them!!



Well, now I'm off to plot my Valentine's dinner with my honey!! You'd all better get back to Susan's place - Between Naps on the Porch. You're sure to see tons of amazing tables!!

3 comments:

Debbiedoos said...

Well you did a great job for your first time!!~

Donna said...

Very cute table. Love the red and white combination. Good luck on your search for new glasses. I gotta find me some, too. :)

D

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Love your heart plates -- happy glass hunting!