Tuesday, July 3, 2012

I'm still here....

Gosh - it's been quite a while since I've blogged. Sorry about that. DH and I have been so super busy, that I haven't had time to write.

Since I last wrote, we've hosted several get togethers with friends and family. One of the main reasons we chose our particular floor plan was because we thought it would be great for entertaining. We were right! This layout is great! We can have lots of people and it doesn't feel crowded. (For someone with some "issues", that's really important!) I love to put a fun table together and DH loves to cook, so entertaining is fun for us.

We've also worked quite a bit on DH's new shed. He now has electical outlets, insulation, and MDF interior walls. Hooray!! We even started moving some of his tools and equipment. (Yeah - 1 more step to getting the garage emptied out!!) I'm so thankful that DH's brother came to help for a while.

DH has been out of town twice. I hate it when he's gone. I'm very selfish with my time with him and I miss him when he's gone. Still, the reunion is nice!! : )

It's been HOT here!!! Last week, every day was in the 100's! It's hard to breathe when it's that hot!!

Since it's been so hot, I haven't spent much time in my flowers. My new perennials are doing nicely. (Especially considering they are enduring this crazy dry heat!!) I've only added 1 new planting......

It's a little hard to see, so let me explain. (Don't feel bad.....I had to explain it my hubby, and he was standing right in front of it!! Ha Ha!)

I purchased this old suitcase from a thrift store for $5. I then planted 3 mini yellow roses that I bought on clearance ($1/rose). In real life, you can actually see the 3 little rose plants. Then, I put a layer of mulch and layered some marbles on top -- just for fun! I'm still not sure about the mirror. I love the look, but I'm afraid the plants will be burnt. I have the case angled away from the direct path, but we'll see..... Hopefully these tiny little roses will bust out with their bright yellow goodness!!

I have BIG plans for the backyard!! I'm trying really hard to wait until fall. Besides.....it may take that long to convince my sweet hubby that I need to dig all those new flowerbeds!! Ha Ha!!

I also have several projects either started, or wanting to get started. I just haven't had time to get them finished. This is my busiest time at work, so I haven't had extra crafting time. Yeah - things to look forward to!!

Well, that's about all of the update I can think of. Hopefully, I'll start writing a little more frequently so you won't be bored with one giant post! Thanks for sticking with me until the end!!

'Til next time.......Be Blessed!

No comments: