Monday, January 11, 2010

10,000 step club

Some teachers at work have started a new club - the 10,000 Step Club. I joined, thinking I walk a lot during the day.....this can't be that hard. HA!! The first week, I logged about a third of what I should have. What?? Walking up and down that long hall doesn't add up to 10,000 steps? Well, today I logged about 6,000! Whew! I say "about" because I just discovered that I accidentally hit reset! Augh! OK - tomorrow I have another chance to hit that magical number.

More on Coach Leach....
I'm NOT saying that he shouldn't have been fired. I don't know the facts. Maybe there were lots of things that went on that culminated in his termination. I just know that the Tech administration did a terrible, dirty-handed job with the whole situation. If the few emails that have been released are any indication, then this firing has been in the planning for a long time, and that's just wrong. Come on - this is the same administration that not only courted, but worshiped Coach Bobby Knight and there are tapes and personal (undisputed) testimonies describing his abuse against players. Coach Leach is accused by 1 player and he is fired? Where was the investigation? Where is the equity? I know he isn't coming back. He's gone and we have a new coach. The problem is the administration is still here - still doing what they've done all along. It's just wrong! OK. I'm through ranting. I will try not to write anymore about this. No guarantees, though.....

No comments: