Thursday, January 21, 2010

I fired somebody

Yuck - This afternoon I fired somebody. This has been a long time coming, but it still wasn't fun. This person is really nice and has been with us for about 6 months. Problem is - s/he just wasn't getting it. We are a super high quality Preschool/Child care center and this person just wasn't meeting the requirements of the job. Why should someone have to tell you to help pick up the sand toys? Why should someone have to tell you not to give a treat to only 1 child (in front of about 20 others!) How many times do you have to be told to be here on time?

I'm completely confident that this was the right decision. I'm not second guessing it at all. This individual knew the consequences and still made those choices. Sadly, when confronted with those choices, suddenly the problem was everyone else.......not the individual.

Friday will be interesting -- this person won't be around. I bet there will be some questions........

No comments: