Monday, April 9, 2012

Laundry Room Organization

One of the features we like best about our new house, is the abundance of storage! We even have a closet filled with shelves in the laundry room - plus the cabinet above the washing machine. Yup - I'm super lucky!!
In theory, this sounds great. In reality, this is where everything got stuck until we could "do something with it." Don't laugh -- I'm betting you have a space like this somewhere in your house, too!

Well, this was That Time! I was off work on Good Friday, so it was the perfect time to tackle this mess!

Sorry - I forgot to take the real "before" picture. I had already started taking stuff out when I remembered to grab my camera.

Pretty sad when this "before" was after I'd already taken stuff out!!!


First step.....empty everything out so you have a clean slate.

Second step......try to find some empty space somewhere close by so you can purge and sort! (Wish I had thought to take a picture of this. I had stuff EVERY WHERE!!)

I am SUPER happy with how it turned out!! Now, everything has a place and all of those places are LABELED!! (Hee Hee -- oh how I love labels!)


The top shelf (not really pictured) holds all of my glass jars and vases.

The second shelf has all of our "party" stuff -- plates on the left, plastic cups in the middle, napkins in the top box on the right and plasticware in the bottom box. Obsessive? Maybe. We love to entertain friends and family, and I like to be prepared. Besides, I just like colorful tables and parties!

The third shelf contains cleaning supplies.

The bottom shelf just has the "stuff" that you need to run a household. You know, kleenex, napkins, paper towels, light bulbs, and spraypaint!

Wait -- don't all households have to have spraypaint in order to run efficiently??

I didn't get a picture, but I put the grocery bags and a basket with all of the vaccuum accessories on the floor.



I went "Old School" with the labels. I used my Creative Memories cutting system (the old one) to cut the labels and then just wrote the titles with my Creative Memories pens.


Since the closet looked so good, I just had to tackle the cabinet!  I know I've said it before, but I definitely need to say it again. I LOVE my label maker!! 



Not bad for a little bit of money and a little bit of time!

3 comments:

Maggie said...

This is truly fab! I love how you pulled it together with the containers and labels. Looks very organized. Great job!

Comeca Jones said...

Great job!

Comeca Jones said...

Great job!