Monday, December 16, 2013

Merry Christmas - Home Tour

Merry Christmas Everyone and
Welcome to our HOME!

The Home Tour is going to be broken up into several different posts......
I just took too many pictures!! I can't help myself.

Anyway, make some hot tea, cider, or hot chocolate,
grab some snacks, and enjoy the show!



We chose not to put lights up on the house. Instead, we put tiny lighted Christmas trees along the walkway to the front door. I added a red bow to our Dwarf Alberta Spruce.
I love how the Christmas trees shine in the windows.

 
 
 
 
 


Our foyer is very tiny - no room for a table of any kind. Instead, we hung a coat rack on the wall.
The shelf across the top makes the perfect place to decorate for the seasons. The purple is just sheets of paper in the place of actual pictures. It made decorating a little more challenging. I just added some purple ornaments and I think it all came together beautifully.
 


Yay for Pintrest! I found this great subway art.
I just printed it on regular ol' paper....stuck in a gold frame, and voila!
Christmas art that didn't cost a dime!
 


Once you're comfortable inside, let's turn right and go into my scrapbook room.
We put our big "family tree" right in front of the window. This tree is especially important because it holds all of our special ornaments. Some of the ornaments came from our wedding and others have been collected on all of our trips. Like the rest of our home, I wanted this tree to "tell our story."
This tree makes me smile!!
 
 


Now that you have looked at "our story" and have listened to me go on and on about when
 and where we got each ornament, you probably need a bathroom break.
Next stop.....hall bathroom....aka Dr. Dave's bathroom. Get ready...

STEELER'S TREE!
Yes, I made my husband a Pittsburgh Steeler's tree!! I found the PERFECT gold & black tree and yellow & black skirt during the after-Christmas clearance sales at Hobby Lobby. I forgot to get a close-up of the tree, but trust me.....
You'd want to wave the Terrible Towel because the tree looks so great! : )
 
 


A Steeler's Santa and another Pintrest printable complete the look.
So fun!
 


These next couple of displays are in our Family Room.
You'll have to wait for the next post to see the rest!
 


Better refill your drink and snacks. More Holiday Home Tour is coming up!!!
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: