Friday, December 6, 2013

They're Back!!

As I promised in my last post, it's time for me to share what says Holiday Time to me. Well, here it is! The annual migration of the beautiful Canada Geese!! They start heading our way in mid-November and they stay until the end of February. I just love watching these magnificent creatures!

Flocks of them fly right over our house and their honking fills the sky. I tried to get a couple of pictures, but they were flying so fast (and let's face it - I was too busy watching them), that I wasn't able to get very many pictures. 
 
From their vantage point in the sky, they see an amazing geometric quilt -- full of squares, straight lines, full circles, and partial circles. Our quilted landscape is even filled with beautiful colors -- white for cotton, the dark reddish-brown of the soil, the golden fields with dark brown dots of milo, and the bright green fields of winter wheat or alfalfa.

When you're out in the countryside, you'll see that our skies are filled with thousands and thousands of tiny black dots. Look and listen in any direction and you'll see and hear the majestic geese!! I LOVE it!! It excites me and calms me - all at the same time.
                                        

There's one special place in town that I go whenever I need a "fix". This is my favorite park - Higginbotham Park in Lubbock, Texas.  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
                                        

I could honestly watch them for hours! I just love them!

So, it's YOUR turn! What signifies the arrival of the season to you??
Posted by Picasa

No comments: