Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas Home Tour - Part 2

Sorry for the delay in getting the rest of the Home Tour posted. We've just returned from a wonderful few days in Katy, visiting the newest members of the family. We have a very special 3-yr-old boy and twin 7-month-old boys that we got to love on and spoil for several days!! We're back, but just for a quick pit stop at home. We're headed to Perryton to share Christmas Cheer with another set of adorable kiddos. We are blessed!!
 
So, after that break, we are now back to our regularly scheduled program!! The continuation of our Christmas Home Tour!

Family Room
We have Wally World bookcases that flank our fireplace and tv. We think the black/brown finish of the particle board helps increase the style quotient! Ha Ha! Anywhos.....it's a favorite place of mine to decorate and I really went for it this Christmas. I put something holiday-related on every shelf.



I moved my faith candles to the top shelf and placed some pine greenery and Christmas ornaments around the candles. I also wrapped empty boxes and added some of my favorite purple ribbon.
 


I have a large collection of children's Christmas books and this year I decided to include them in my decorating. I thought it was a really fun touch.
 
 
 


The bookcase to the right of the fireplace holds all of our Department 56 Snow Village pieces. DH put them up this year and he did a creative job. I loved how he put some of the houses facing each other instead of all of them facing out. We dream of having a big platform with lots of other pieces. It will be fun adding to this collection over time.
 


This is my very favorite house. It reminds me of my Granny's house in Georgetown, KY.
 
 
 
 


One of our best vacations was when we drove to Pennsylvania and stopped at all kinds of awesome places --- Like the World's Largest Strawberry, and the Roller Skating Hall of Fame. I just opened the AAA book and searched for interesting places, and we'd head that direction. When we saw the World's Largest Ball of Twine figurine, we knew we had to add it to our village!
 
 
 
 

We'll finish this room with the Nativity. This was one of the first pieces we purchased when
we got married. I love it!


Well, that's all  for this part of the tour. Take a little break and I'll be back soon -- I promise!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: