Thursday, April 1, 2010

Happy Easter!

I've had all my Easter decorations up for quite a while, but with the last 2 weeks I've had at work, I haven't done much blogging. Oh well. For those of us who love to decorate, it's never too late!! Hope you have fun looking at the treasures.


This is just a simple sign to say Happy Easter!! It's just some pretty scrapbook paper - one design for the background, one for the egg, and one for the letters. It was a happy accident that the papers went so well with this sweet little bear.




The Easter Village lives just inside our front door. Everyone looks so happy living here. You think they get to eat all the chocolate they want?? And not gain weight??




Quick shot of the top of our entertainment center.




Everything looks more elegant when it's elevated on a glass cake stand. Add some pink Easter grass and plastic eggs and you're really talking Easter fun!

Full view of the mantle.


I just like the shadows in this picture.




And this one! : )
I bought 2 of these Easter trees at Dollar Tree this year. My plan was to paint them off-white and then apply an antiquing glaze. I ran out of time and just put them up in their original terra cotta pots. Now I think I like them "au natural" best.


I'm not sure why this candle looke off center. Hmmmm. Anyway - more scrapbook paper. I found a cute paper with rows of bunnies. I just wrapped the candle and then added brown ribbon with white polka dots. Super easy and cute.




I love my bacchelor's chest. It holds all my table linens and placemats. Today it's all dressed in Easter finery.


Ooops - I should've have gotten a better picture of these little votive holders. One is Mr. and one is Mrs. Rabbit. They are dressed in shiny pastels - definitely ready for a party.



Easter treasures in the china hutch. If you look closely, you can see my Easter tea set. It's behind the glass door on the right. I bought it at Cracker Barrel last year. Behind the doors on the left, you'll see 2 tiny egg candles peched on silver candlesticks. The candlesticks belonged to my grandmother. They are precious to me.


Have I told you how much I lurrvvee my Cricut!!!



I made the bird with the Home Decor cartridge and the Easter letters with Opposites Attract. I am crazy about all the beautiful scrapbook papers. Oh yeah - I added an Easter egg ribbon around a small glass votive.



You've seen this arrangement before - think back to St. David's Day and to St. Patrick's Day. I just slightly revised it for Easter. This fun "bunny on a stick" was all over blogland last year. I went right out and bought a couple - I just wasn't blogging then so I could show you.


Of course the Guest Bath had to have some holiday touches. I love my egg tree. I bought it on clearance at Pier One last year - same time I bought the bunny topiaries. Can you see the tiny little bunny soaps - one is purple and one is white.


Everything looks better in an apothecary jar!



Well, that's all the Easter fun -- not a bonnet anywhere! In a couple of days I'll get my tablescape posted. In the meantime, have a joyous Easter Sunday!!!!



Remember the true meaning of this glorious day -- OUR RISEN SAVIOR!!!

No comments: